Saturday Swindle Rules
- Winner with a score of 37 or above is cut by two shots.
- Winner with a score of 30 -36 is cut by one shot.
- Winner with a score of 29 or less is not cut at all.
- Anyone scoring 39 points or higher who does not win, is cut by one shot.
- Pre 2018 - Loser gets a shot back and puts an extra pound in the pot.
- Post 2018 - Loser gets a shot back.
- The maximum handicap is 28 (36 as from 1st April 2017), the minimum 0.
- Pre 2020 - At the start of each year, handicaps are reset to the maximum of club or Saturday handicap. If the player does not have a Saturday handicap, then his Wednesday handicap is used instead.
- As from Jan 2020 - At the start of each year, handicaps are reset to the player's club handicap.
- Full adjusted handicap (see Latest Handicaps ) stableford rules.
- White tees, when available/allowed, otherwise as per directed by the club pro.
- In the case of a tied win, the player with the best back 9 wins. If this still results in a tie, the best back 6, then the best back three, If this still results in a tie, then the player with the best 18th, 17th, 16th etc., is the winner.
- In the case of a tied loss, then rule (3) applies, but for worst score.
Funding and Awards
- Each player contributes £2 to the Saturday pot, and £1 to the Wednesday pot.
- Pre 2018 - As per rule 5 of the handicap system, the loser contributes three pounds sterling.
- Pre 2020 - Five pounds sterling will be removed from the pot (Saturday only) for the Rhododendron Project
- As from Jan 2020, on Saturday, second place gets their £2 back.
- The winner takes the remainder of the pot.
- Pre 2020 - At the end of the year, the Rhododendron Project funds will be used for an award for the winner of the Best Ten Games League, and any year end special events.
- To be eligible for the Best Ten Games League, the winner must be present at the year end special event.
- A player can participate in winning the pot by playing 3 rounds. From the forth round onwards, the player will be required to put 2 pounds in the pot on Saturday (1 pound on Wednesday), and will be eligible to win it.
- Pre 2020 - Only if 6 on Saturday, or 3 on Wednesday, or more players complete the round, are the scores and pot etc., necessary.
- As from Jan 2020 - Only if 4 on Saturday, or 4 on Wednesday, or more players complete the round, are the scores and pot etc., necessary.
- To participate in this group, players are expected to join in with post game conviviality.